Monday, March 26, 2007

The British Invasion.

I had read of a British foods grocery store in Vegas, and decided to find it over the weekend. British Grocer is my new favorite grocery store in town. (Except the price tag for all that imported grub...)



They had everything I could think of wanting, and plenty of things I never would have thought of. I stocked up on soups, spreads, pastries, sweets, crackers, drinks, you name it. here's what made it through last night to today. As you can see, the supply is already dangerously low.



No stopping here, however. I then made my way over to the Crown & Anchor, a "British Pub".
















I expected to be disappointed by yet another pathetic attempt at capturing a British pub (and it's food) often found on this side of the pond, but this place was different, and I knew it from the minute I hit the door, because it smelled exactly like a true English Pub. This has to be a good start....(Read the 4 page menu here. Not recommended if one is hungry.)

Full range of fine British beer on tap. Great menu full of home style favorites. English girl taking my order. So far so good. Now the true test. Food!



Ahh, yes. Sausage rolls for starters, traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings, a pint of Boddy's. And, it was deee-licious. The kicker? It's 2 minutes from my office. If it turns out the night life in there is good too, I must just ask them if I can move in.

Expect many more field reports from both of these places....

No comments: